Don’t sweat it, call Active Plumbing & Air Conditioning for 24/7 AC repairs that won’t break the bank.
Air conditioners are complex machines that can develop problems over time, from faulty thermostats and clogged filters to frozen coils and electrical issues. These problems can affect the performance and efficiency of your AC system, and even cause it to stop working altogether.
When that happens, you can count on us at Active Plumbing & Air Conditioning to rescue you from the heat and restore your comfort in no time. Since 1991, we have been dedicated to serving the vibrant community of Henderson and surrounding areas in Clark County, and our commitment to excellence has made us the go-to destination for all your AC service needs.
As a family-owned business, we hold our values close to heart, so your satisfaction remains at the forefront of everything we do. Our trained and certified HVAC repair technicians can handle any AC repair issue, no matter how big or small. We work with all brands and models of air conditioners, and use only high-quality parts and materials.We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all our work, so you know the job will be done right, the first time. Call our HVAC services team at (702) 887-1971 or contact us online to schedule your air conditioning repair service today. We will have the unit back up and running in no time!
Common Air Conditioning Problems We Troubleshoot in Henderson, NV
You may think your AC system is working fine, but there are some common signs that show it may not be operating at its best. If you notice any of the following, call the experts at Active Plumbing & Air Conditioning in Henderson, NV.
- Strange noises: Your air conditioner should be quiet and smooth when it runs. If it is making hissing, rattling, or squeaking noises, there may be an issue with the compressor or some parts may have come loose.
- Insufficient cooling: If the unit is not cooling the air the way it is supposed to, it could be because the filter is dirty or clogged, the ducts are leaking, or the refrigerant is running low. Or maybe your thermostat is broken.
- Water dripping: Ideally, your AC should drain the water it produces from condensation, but sometimes it can drip or pool water inside or outside your home. It’s not only messy but could cause mold growth. We can check if this is due to a broken condensate pump, clogged drain line, or something else.
- Short-cycling (turning on and off more than usual): Is it running non-stop for a long time? Or is it turning on and off too often? This indicates problems with the thermostat and sometimes, refrigerant levels. If left unaddressed, this issue can shorten the life of your AC.
No matter what the problem with your unit is, our Henderson AC repair technicians will diagnose the problem before any work is done, so you have the information you need to make an informed decision about what’s best for your system.
Choose the Most Dependable AC Repair Experts in Henderson, NV
Our air conditioning repair specialists in Las Vegas offer a comprehensive set of installation, maintenance, and repair services for your air conditioning systems, including but not limited to:
- Replacing old AC units and installing new, more energy-efficient models
- Installing modern thermostats to enhance temperature control and energy savings
- Installing a ductless mini-split system to allow full control over temperature without adding more ducts
- Removing debris from the air ducts of your air conditioning unit for better indoor air quality
- Annual tune ups to extend the life of the air conditioning unit and ensure long lasting operation
Rest assured, our AC repair teams in Henderson, NV are committed to your satisfaction. Our skilled technicians will take care of your property and clean up after the job. We understand your busy schedule, so we offer flexible appointment options.
Air Conditioning Repairs: Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my AC working but not cooling?
The most common reasons for this specific issue with air conditioning tend to be unclean air filters, faulty capacitors, low refrigerant, or dirty coils. Have a professional air conditioning repair services provider inspect your system to diagnose and fix the issue accurately.
Why is my AC not cooling enough on hot days?
It could be something as simple as high outdoor temperature, or something more complex like blocked air vents, dirty condenser coils, or incorrect thermostat settings. We can pay you a visit and identify the specific cause to improve cooling system performance.
How much does AC maintenance cost?
It depends on the type of air conditioning and heating service, the size and condition of your unit, and the location and availability of technicians. Generally speaking, most air conditioning repair companies in Henderson charge between $80 and $200 for a maintenance visit. At Active Plumbing & Air Conditioning, we are currently offering a special deal on AC tune-ups for only $69. We will inspect the AC unit, check wiring, clean important parts, and provide necessary recommendations.
What is the most expensive part of an AC unit to replace?
The most expensive part in your AC unit would be the compressor. It is one of the most vital components in AC systems because it is responsible for compressing and circulating the refrigerant between the evaporator and condenser coils. That said, a worn-out evaporator coil, the condenser coil, or the fan motor can also be quite expensive to replace.
Why is my AC leaking all over the floor?
Air conditioning heating leaks could be because the drain pan has become damaged due to rust, corrosion, or regular wear and tear. Water could be leaking through the cracks or holes in the pan. If the pan isn’t replaced in time, the dripping water will pool on your floor. If the evaporator coil becomes frozen, ice can form on the coil and block the water from draining. If the coil isn’t thawed in time, the melting ice will overflow from the condensation pan and drip onto your floor.
Should I repair or replace my old AC unit?
The decision will depend on how old the system is, how many times it has been already repaired in the past, and how well it is currently performing. As a general rule of thumb, you should consider replacing your cooling systems if they are more than 10 years old, have a SEER rating lower than 13, require frequent or costly repairs, or fail to cool your home adequately. Your budget may also be a key factor in your decision to buy a new system or opt for AC repair in Henderson.
How often should I change my air filters?
As part of regular maintenance, you should replace the air filters every 3 months in your heating air conditioning system – unless you or someone in your Las Vegas household has severe allergies, there are pets in your home, or you live in a heavily polluted area. In that case, it’s recommended to change them every month for smooth functioning of your air conditioning heating system.
Beat the Nevada Heat with Active Plumbing & Air Conditioning: Schedule Your AC Repair Now
When the summer heat hits, you don’t want to be stuck with a broken air conditioner. With over 31 years of experience, Active Plumbing & Air Conditioning experts have earned a stellar reputation for delivering the highest quality service at affordable, transparent pricing to homeowners in Henderson. We understand the urgency of staying cool, which is why our HVAC contractors are on call anytime you need – day or night, weekdays or weekends.
We will be there on time, fully equipped to handle any AC issues you face and delivering the most satisfactory services in Henderson, NV. Give us a call at (702) 887-1971 or fill out this short form to learn more and request a quote.
Other Air Conditioning Repair related articles:
- Las Vegas Best Plumbing, Heating, & Air Conditioning Company
- Air Conditioner Repair When You Need it the Most
- Water Heaters: Maintain, Repair, Replace!
- Benefits of Cleaning Your Air Ducts
- How to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
- Air Conditioning in the Heat of the Summer
- Air Conditioning Repair Service in Las Vegas by Active!
- Air Conditioner Repair Near Me
- AC Repair Las Vegas
- Emergency Air Conditioning Las Vegas
- 10 Air Conditioning Tips in Las Vegas